Metal plate processing characteristics are as follows.
(1) There is a higher dimension precision (it12~it16) and a smaller surface roughness (Ra6.3μm~12.5μm), the machining allowance is small.
(2) Because of the good heat conductivity of metal type, Sheet Metal Fabrication the cooling speed is fast, the grains of the castings are finer and the mechanical properties are good.
(3) can realize "one type multiple casts", raise labor productivity. and save molding materials, can reduce environmental pollution, improve working conditions.
However, the trade network points out that the manufacturing cost of metal mold is high, and it is not suitable to produce large and complex thin-walled castings. Sheet Metal Fabrication Because of the fast cooling speed, the surface of cast iron is easy to produce white mouth, which makes cutting difficult. The alloy with high melting point is unsuitable for metal plate processing because of the limit of melting point of metal material.
Metal plate processing is mainly used for large-scale production of non-ferrous castings such as copper alloy and aluminum alloy, such as piston, connecting rod, cylinder head, bushing, bushing, etc. Cast iron parts of the metal plate processing has also developed, but its size limit within the MM, Sheet Metal Fabrication the quality of not more than 8kg, such as the bottom of the electric iron.
Metal plate processing is to forge or forge the billet, through the production of plastic deformation to obtain the required parts of a forming process.
Metal plate processing mainly produces a variety of high performance requirements, carrying capacity of the machine parts or blanks, such as machine tool spindle, gears, connecting rods and other key parts of the blanks are obtained through the processing of metal plates. Metal sheet processing methods have the following characteristics.
(1) has good mechanical properties. Because the internal defects of the metal plate processing (porosity, coarse crystal, shrinkage, etc.) can be eliminated, the microstructure is more dense and the strength is increased, but the metal plate processing streamline will make the metal show the anisotropy of mechanical properties.
(2) Saving material. The metal sheet machined blanks are obtained by the redistribution of volume (non cutting) and the mechanical properties are improved, Sheet Metal Fabrication so the materials of cutting waste and parts can be reduced.
(3) High production rate. Compared with cutting process, high productivity and low cost are suitable for mass production.
(4) A wide range of adaptation. The weight and volume range of the parts or blanks processed by the metal plate.
(5) The structure of forgings is highly demanding and difficult to process complex blanks and parts of metal plates.
(6) The precision of forgings is low, Sheet Metal Fabrication and for the parts with high precision, it is necessary to pass the machining to meet the requirements.
Common metal plate processing methods are free metal plate processing, model metal plate processing and tire die metal plate processing.